Alaska Packing List80 Results
What To Pack for a Trip to Alaska
The Orvis Alaska Packing List collection includes the clothing and fly-fishing gear you’ll need for a trip to this spectacular wilderness. If you’re heading to Alaska for a fly-fishing trip or cruise, a packing list of essential clothing, gear, and sundries keeps you prepared and comfortable on your adventure. Packing for Alaska in winter means you’ll need durable, insulated, waterproof clothing and gear. Our PRO insulated jackets, vests, and hoodies for women and men offer impressive warmth while keeping the elements at bay. For summer, an Ultralight Storm Jacket will do the trick whether you’re swinging for rainbows or whale watching. Look to Orvis fly-fishing gear to prepare you for glorious hours on Alaskan waters. Find our Hydros reels and sink tip line as well as fly rods and smooth lines suitable for fishing in Alaska. Our PRO Waterproof hip packs and slings make indispensable companions as you traverse the Alaskan waterways or hike the breathtaking countryside. They keep your personal items safe and dry, and your fishing flies and tools within easy reach, or serve as a useful day pack for excursions. For the best fly-fishing travel bag, choose our Carry-It-All to stow and organize everything from your rod and reel to your nippers, floatant, and protective sun hoodies.
Obtain Travel Insurance Through Orvis
Add peace of mind to your trip with a membership to Global Rescue Travel Services, the world’s premier emergency response organization. If you or a loved one needs medical attention or security assistance, Global Rescue Travel Services offers operations centers around the globe staffed with nurses, paramedics, and special ops military veterans so if you need to be evacuated or transported to your home hospital, they can take care of you. Complete your safety and protection package by adding IMG Signature Travel Insurance to your Global Rescue membership. Travel insurance guarantees you’ll have a financial buffer for unforeseen travel expenses like canceled flights, missed connections, lost baggage, and emergency medical and dental.
Downloadable Packing List
Print and download this handy packing list and be prepared for your trip to America’s Last Frontier.
Alaska Packing List
- Base layers in merino wool or other moisture-wicking tech performance fabrics for both top and bottom
- Mid-layers including a quarter-zip pullover, packable vest, and UPF 50+ sun hoodie
- Merino wool socks
- Wool cap, insulated beanie, or buff
- PRO waders if you’re going fly-fishing
- Insulated, waterproof wading or fishing jacket or lightweight storm or wading jacket, depending on season
- Fishing gloves
- Rod, reel, lines, flies, and any accessories not provided by the guide service, if you’re using one
- Fishing pack
- Travel documents, flight itinerary, and contact information
- Phone charger
- Sunscreen and non-aerosol bug spray
- Lip balm sunscreen
- Waterproof phone case
- Recommended apps: Google Maps (download the map of the area prior so you can use it offline) and relevant airline apps